Sadly in Windows 8 you cannot run VMware and Hyper-V in parallel.
However you can run one at a time.
- Run command prompt with administrator privileges
- To use VMware Execute this command
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- To Use hyper-v, execute this command
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto
- Reboot your system
Reason: VMWare stopped unexpectedly
- Go to the virtual machines directory,
- Check for lock (.lck) files.
- Move .lck files to another directory( for backup purposes)
- Start VM.
- Delete .lck files
Just watched new features of Windows Phone 8.1. It has tremendous improvements over previous versions.
1. It is free for hardware manufactures, thus bringing phone cost lower than android ones
2. Android is a malware. As recently quoted by sundar Pichai android is not made for security. Windows will give a sense of security
3. Windows phone OS is very stable
4. Cortana the personal assistant, an awesome must have feature.
5. As Windows OS holds a large 80%-90% of desktop user base. Windows phone will be lot more intutive.
Lets see in coming year or two, how things roll out